Want to change the default loading-picture on the web distribution version of the project

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
mahin101

Want to change the default loading-picture on the web distribution version of the project

#1 Post by mahin101 »

Hello,
I "finished" my renpy project and built selecting "web" as distribution type. And when I start it in my browser, it takes a while which is fine. But in a "renpy loading..." screen there is a huge image which is not relevant to my project theme.
So I want to change/remove it.
Attachments
Captureasdf.PNG

pettyashecky
Completed: first date/can't relate
itch: ub4q

Re: Want to change the default loading-picture on the web distribution version of the project

#2 Post by pettyashecky »

After you've made the web build, you can add a new loading picture by adding a web-presplash.png(/jpg) to the top-level of the game, above the game directory.

mahin101

Re: Want to change the default loading-picture on the web distribution version of the project

#3 Post by mahin101 »

pettyashecky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:23 am After you've made the web build, you can add a new loading picture by adding a web-presplash.png(/jpg) to the top-level of the game, above the game directory.
Umm... I had to add web-presplash.jpg above the 'game' directory of my project folder. And then I had to build it and opened in browser to see the change.

Thanks for the help.