Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:56 am
- Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
- Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
- Deviantart: Sayumi101
- itch: sayumi101
- Location: India
So I'm trying to get this effect going (Look at the character sprite)
Please note that I'm a coding noob and I rely very heavily on tutorials to make things work.
This might not be the best way to handle the situation, but this is the code that I'm using. It works well enough but I have two fundamental problems.
Ze two problems
Code: Select all
easein 0.1 zoom 1.03
easeout 0.1 zoom 1.0
easein 0.3 zoom 1.03 alpha 0.6
easeout 0.3 zoom 1.0 alpha 1.0
easein 0.05 zoom 1.02
easeout 0.05 zoom 1.0
easein 0.4 zoom 1.02 alpha 1.0
easeout 0.4 zoom 1.0 alpha 0.5
easein 0.2 alpha 1.0
- I want to potentially send a layered image as a function to the im.Matrix,Color . Right now, if I do it without specifying an image path it returns me an error saying the displayable is not defined.
- This image always appears in the same location. Even when I define "show dizzyy at right" it displays at the same place. Is there any way to overcome this?
- Would it be easier if I did the image color transforms in photoshop rather than in renpy itself?
- Is this an unnecessarily heavy code structure.
Any and all help appreciated!
Last edited by Sayumi101
on Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1348
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:35 pm
- Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
- Github: lunalucid
- Skype: Discord: lunalucid#1991
- Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
- itch: lunalucid
- Location: USA
I would do the color transforms on the image itself if it makes no difference.
What is the exact effect you're going for? I think what the video shows is an animation of a photo moving over to the left in the background (on a loop) and then another layer (with transparent windows) bumping up and down as it's own animation image on top.
*update* ohhhh are you talking about the character? hahah I just realized the effect on the sprite
My best guess is there is a matrix change on the main character as it transitions in. (I could be wrong) and the layers under are just semi transparent colored outline/shadows of the character behind him that are animated to move and all of that is in a live composite or layered image that combine those animations. If you look into all you can do with animations then you can probably mess around until you get something you're satisfied with. Sorry I know this wasn't super helpful but haha I work with a lot of animations now but I haven't really experimented with something close to that really. Not yet anyway.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Ocelot