Customizing the preferences menu with the new GUI?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AERenoir
Veteran

Customizing the preferences menu with the new GUI?

#1 Post by AERenoir »

For the longest time I've been using the old codes, so I'm completely blindsided by the new GUI system. I've managed to get the main menu to work, but not entirely sure how to fiddle with the Preferences. I tried to look but most of the results on search was main menu-related questions

This is the layout I wanted to have:

Is there a good way to do this without going back to the old codes?
And if I have to overhaul the GUI code, do I need to delete stuff in the GUI folders as well?
Last edited by AERenoir on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Customizing the preferences menu with the new GUI?

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

Your he isn't showing, though the old GUI and the new GUI are not that different.

The preferences screen is part of the game_menu screen, to modify it you need to understand how the game_menu screen arranges content
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

AERenoir
Veteran

Re: Customizing the preferences menu with the new GUI?

#3 Post by AERenoir »

I fixed the image, hopefully it won't disappear again.
Honestly, I don't really get what radio or "prefix" does. I've always overhauled the menu screens fully with imagemaps before.