Problems with renpy.choice_for_skipping()

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
zirkkun
Projects: Undertale: Act to Flirt
Deviantart: zirkkun

Problems with renpy.choice_for_skipping()

#1 Post by zirkkun »

Hi, this is a bit of a strange question (maybe?) but I've recently had a glitch that I have no idea how to solve.

In my game, I have maps for the player to explore and interact with. I opted to display these screens using the "show" command rather than "call" due to the fact that I needed a couple layers of screens without losing the previous ones. So, to prevent the skip button from skipping through these, I put in the choice_for_skipping code. All of the map "rooms" pretty much look like this:

Code: Select all

label ex_waterpath:
    $ location = "waterpath"
    hide screen cell
    scene wf_path
    show screen ex_waterpath
    with Dissolve(0.2)
    $ renpy.choice_for_skipping()
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
However, something like 10 or 20 minutes ago, I was editing a completely different code very unrelated to this at all, and when I opened my game to test this code, it somehow... "Broke" the prevention of skipping over these maps? If that makes sense. Now it will just keep skipping, going to the next label below it. I don't know what happened. I even removed the file I had been editing and fired up the game again, to see if something there had messed with it unintentionally, but the issue still remains.

I'm at an extreme loss of what to do, because this was working completely fine earlier today, and now it seems Ren'Py is just ignoring this code altogether. It's not even doing the secondary function of autosaving.

hell_oh_world
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Problems with renpy.choice_for_skipping()

#2 Post by hell_oh_world »

Maybe try clearing the persistent in the renpy launcher (Launcher -> Delete Persistent) or recompile (Launcher -> Force Recompile) then rerun the game.

zirkkun
Projects: Undertale: Act to Flirt
Deviantart: zirkkun

Re: Problems with renpy.choice_for_skipping()

#3 Post by zirkkun »

Well, I do feel like I over-reacted a bit now lol. Deleting the persistent seemed to work! Thank you for the help, haha.