How to make renpy ask for admin permission?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Byleyg

How to make renpy ask for admin permission?

#1 Post by Byleyg »

Lemme elaborate, I want my novel at some specific point to ask for the admin permission that shows up in Windows everytime a program tries to do changes to the OS.That little prompt that says "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" on Windows10, another good alternative would be the novel to request to be Run as Administrator. Obviously im not trying to destroy anyone's hard drive it would be a funny prank. I tried to look it up in the forums but apparently no one has asked that before haha.

Thanks in advance :D

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: How to make renpy ask for admin permission?

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

The top answer here seems to do what you want. Whether it works in renpy, I can't say without testing. (which I cannot currently do)
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/130 ... hon-script

Make sure you do the little edit for pythons 2.x mentioned.

Note that this will only work on Windows as Linux, Android, iOS, OSx, etc, do not have UAC

If this does not work, maybe you can make a .vba file that only looks like the UAC prompt, and make renpy open/run that file.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter