[SOLVED]How to define Character Textbox height?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
peachy
IRC Nick: peachy
Github: babiepeach
itch: babiepeach

[SOLVED]How to define Character Textbox height?

#1 Post by peachy »

It's different to my normal GUI textbox height.

My custom textbox image is 1280 x 275.

My code:

Code: Select all

define tbelle_embarass = Character("You", window_background="tb_testchar_1", textbox_height="275")
and

image tb_testchar_1 = "gui/tb_tstchr/tb_testchr_1.png"
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, and I've scowered the wiki and I can't seem to find anything to help.
Last edited by peachy on Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hell_oh_world
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: How to define Character Textbox height?

#2 Post by hell_oh_world »

Enclosing things around "" will make them string (text), to specify numbers you include them as is. Eg. 255 as 255 etc.
Also, you can try this.

define tbelle_embarass = Character("You", window_background="tb_testchar_1", window_ysize=275)
The properties that you can use are all stated in here. https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/style_pr ... properties.
You just specify what part of the character to style, in this case it's window because it's prefixed with window_, other components can also be styled, refer to this to know what to prefix to the styles https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/dialogue.html#Character.

peachy
IRC Nick: peachy
Github: babiepeach
itch: babiepeach

Re: How to define Character Textbox height?

#3 Post by peachy »

Thank you! It worked. I shall check that out :D