imagemap hotspots in the correct order for an action to occur

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
yeikias

imagemap hotspots in the correct order for an action to occur

#1 Post by yeikias »

I'm trying to have the player enter the passcode on a phone on the screen. They have to click certain hotspots (which would be numbers on the phone) in a certain order in order for an action to occur. For example, the passcode is 1234. I have hotspots for each of the numbers on the imagemap. If they click on those 4 hotspots in the right order, it would call to another screen. I'm not quite sure where to start.

I'm fairly new to python and ren'py but hopefully what I want to happen makes sense. Please let me know if you need more info from me for an answer!!

hell_oh_world
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: imagemap hotspots in the correct order for an action to occur

#2 Post by hell_oh_world »

This should give you an idea, not through the use imagemap though as I'm not really familiar with it. But the concept is the same.

Code: Select all

default correct_pin = [1, 0, 0, 2] # we list down the correct pin so technically the correct pin is 1002

screen pin_unlocker():
    default pin = []

vbox:
        align (0.5, 0.5)
        text " ".join([str(p) for p in pin]) # just some display of the current pin combination

grid 3 4: # should look like a keypad for a mobile phone

for number in range(9):
                textbutton str(number + 1):
                    action Function(pin.append, number + 1)
                    sensitive len(pin) != len(correct_pin)

xysize (50, 50)
                    background "#15151533"
                    hover_background "#15151577"

null

textbutton "0":
                action Function(pin.append, 0) # you can make use of this action as the hotspot action, where you append whatever the number of the hotspot
                sensitive len(pin) != len(correct_pin)

xysize (50, 50)
                background "#15151533"
                hover_background "#15151577"

null

if len(pin) == len(correct_pin):
        timer 2.0:
            action Return(pin) # we return the pin entered once finished

label start:
    call screen pin_unlocker

if _return == correct_pin: # we check if the combination is exactly the same as the correct_pin
        "Succeeded!"
        # call screen screen_name in your case, since that's what you want to happen once the pin is correct...

else:
        "Failed!"