Android name app

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
bokuman
Regular
Projects: VN 789
Deviantart: bokuman

Android name app

#1 Post by bokuman »

I found a error on my app, i have 3 diferent app projects(season_1 season_2, season_3), when i try install those apps on an android device, they maintain the same name from a old project.
where i can to found this error?

I declare a diferent name on configure android build, and i recheck on my options.rpy. D:

Is there some way to force a name app?

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

Re: Android name app

#2 Post by qirien »

Have you checked your options.rpy? There's a few different name variables used there, such as config.name and build.name
Finished games:

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

I remember coming across this issue once before, though I cannot recall what the fix was (it was rather obscure)
Have you made sure to allow the project to manage updates automatically (or whatever the final question is when configuring an Android project)?

It may have been an issue in the rapt bin folder, you'll find everything cached in there (and it doesn't clean itself)
Here's mine, freshly deleted all the extra files that accumulate and are safe to delete. Ignore the path name, I'm running the latest renpy.

I believe there's supposed to be an android.keystore there as well, to be safe, only delete the .apk files you find there.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

bokuman
Regular

#4 Post by bokuman »

Hi! thanks for help, i delete all files but continue creating the apk with the old name project, any ohter place where i can to search the storage of those names?

bokuman
Regular

#5 Post by bokuman »

I deleted all renpy engine of my pc, and installed again, the name changed on the first android build, but this name maintain yet for new build for other projects. i configure each new android project with their own name. this problem no makes sense...

I tested creating APK for renpy tutorial... all my projects APK are called Renpy tutorial now, when they are installed on an android device and rewriting the previous project...