Migrating from readback.rpy to New GUI History?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
sapiboonggames
Veteran
Completed: I Love You, Brother [BxB]

Migrating from readback.rpy to New GUI History?

#1 Post by sapiboonggames »

Hey there! :D

I've an old project that I'd like to do a revamp on. One aspect I'd like to do is migrating the message log system (which is currently using readback.rpy) to the Text History from Renpy's new GUI system. I thought that I only needed to copy gui.rpy files to the project and use the code for text history, but there's nothing showing up (it seems that none of the dialogues are recorded in _history_list)

Please do tell me what steps I need in order to use the New GUI's Text History system in my project which is still using Legacy UI! (I only want the text history part :( )
Visit my website: http://www.sapiboong.com

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Migrating from readback.rpy to New GUI History?

#2 Post by Alex »

Try to create new project and copy scripts of your game in to it. Then adjust the gui (recreate your legacy menus).