Need help with the code for mini game Battle

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Malkovichi
Tumblr: malkovichi.tumblr.com

Need help with the code for mini game Battle

#1 Post by Malkovichi »

Hello. I d like to create simple mini game Battle. Similar to fight in Summertime saga or Being a dik. Can you help with code?? Better way for me is find something which is already used (can't find anything like that). I can do any graphic and gui but coding is not for me
https://youtu.be/GfK-93rD6ls?t=355
I have 4 images as example
1. Before enemy attack
2. In moment attack (you have to press the buttons for a successful attack for a period of time)
(healthbar is invisible here but let's pretend they both have 5 hp)
3.Player successfully attacked -1 hp enemy
4. Enemy successfully attacked -1 hp player
When health drops to 0 the game ended in victory or defeat

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Need help with the code for mini game Battle

#2 Post by gas »

It's a long thing, maybe someone will reply sooner than me, but I find the thing very interesting and I'll devise a code in 24 hrs.

The arrows represent the sequence of keys to press, right? So it can change randomly, exactly?
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

Malkovichi

#3 Post by Malkovichi »

gas wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:13 pm It's a long thing, maybe someone will reply sooner than me, but I find the thing very interesting and I'll devise a code in 24 hrs.

The arrows represent the sequence of keys to press, right? So it can change randomly, exactly?
Оh, that would be great. Yes, random change.If you need, here is the PSD file with layers, gui
https://mega.nz/file/715ijBAa#7PFGHYVTZ ... il7iEomVxo

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gas »

You should consider, for a better implementation and speeding up people workflow, to send the actual exported pictures you want to use. Not everyone can freely open and manipulate .psd.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

Malkovichi

#5 Post by Malkovichi »

gas wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:42 pm You should consider, for a better implementation and speeding up people workflow, to send the actual exported pictures you want to use. Not everyone can freely open and manipulate .psd.
Its not a problem. I have prepared each object as png or jpg file
https://mega.nz/file/vxo1QaiQ#qEvsEpbUN ... udbfJtzjXU

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gas »

All right. 24hr starting... now :).
EDIT: PM sent.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN