Removing in game menu?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
kiwidragon

Removing in game menu?

#1 Post by kiwidragon »

hi there! for the game that im working on, i dont want there to be an in game menu, like where one could access saves, preferences, all that jazz. please dont question why haha but ive been trying just getting rid of the game menu code from the screens.rpy file, but then the game wont run at all... is there any way to delete the menu all together or even just prevent players from accessing it? basically i dont want there to be an in-game menu at all and can't figure out how to do that... please help and thanks in advance!

_ticlock_
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Removing in game menu?

#2 Post by _ticlock_ »

Hi, kiwidragon,

I don't think you should completely remove in-game menu. The player should at least be able to get to main menu or a way to restart game.

Check this post for a short instructions to remove save screen.

Similarly you can get rid of preference/load and some other unnecessary in-game menu.

You can apply _game_menu_screen = None (so right click will not direct to any menu):

Code: Select all

init python:
    _game_menu_screen = None

kiwidragon

Re: Removing in game menu?

#3 Post by kiwidragon »

Thank you! That did just the trick and I can't believe I didn't think of something like that...
And I do see your concern, haha. But this is a different sort of game, so I have my reasons... ;)
But anyways, thank you so much! I appreciate it.