Visual Aid to write narrative and game structure

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
HowardTheDuck

Visual Aid to write narrative and game structure

#1 Post by HowardTheDuck »

Hi All, I am a new user or Renpy and working on a new game.

I was wondering if there's any chance to take advantage of a "graphical" aid like in Twine to have a quick look (graphically) at the layout of the narration.

I mean that it would be very useful to be able to write all the narration (already with options/choices etc) before moving to the scripting and coding work.

Actually I am using Twine for this and will move to renpy once the story is completed...but was wondering if a different approach would be best considering I will be definitely developing the game with Renpy and I will be moving to code the app on Xcode as well for iOS distribution.

Any suggestion? Or my double approach (Twine for writing and put the narration basis and Renpy to develop the full game) is indeed a good option?

Thank you guys!