Preventing skipping of certain transitions (namely after_load)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Tayruu
Regular

Preventing skipping of certain transitions (namely after_load)

#1 Post by Tayruu »

The new config.context_fadeout_music and config.context_fadein_music variables make it possible to fade out and in music when a game is loaded or other context changes cause the music to change.
I was playing around with these new functions and kinda ran into a problem.

When I open the menu in my project, I make sure to disable skipping (in label main_menu), largely because I feel being able to skip through "system" transitions is immersion breaking. I then make sure skipping is re-enabled in after_load. (And elsewhere, but that label is what's relevant here.) But from what I can tell, despite that the after_load_transition is run first in 00start.rpy's _after_load, the transition can still be skipped as long as config.allow_skipping = x is in after_load

I want to be able to either...
  • Prevent certain transitions from being skipped through the fast-forward function,
  • Or make sure that after_load is only run once after_load_transition has completed
I don't see an obvious way to check if a transition is presently animating. I tried adding a pause(0.0) to after_load, but that seemed to break the transition entirely, making a file load with a hard-cut (and replay the last message, though that might not be a problem).