how to call a screen on all label and screen

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
oldhiccup

how to call a screen on all label and screen

#1 Post by oldhiccup »

My goal is simple, I have a screen, and I control its visibility within the popria screen, this screen has some actions, but I didn't want to keep calling it on each label and it doesn't work very well either, I would like to know if there is one way to always call this screen, I'll explain what I tried.

1 - I created a script with a loop, which is controlled by a variable that says the game is running or not.
This loop will control my events within the game.

2 - I created some scenes, which I called a prologue, at the end of this scene, I call a map label, and from there this screen should already appear.

3 - According to the action of the map, I go to another label, but in that label my screen has to keep showing up, but that doesn't happen.
even calling the screen again, it does not appear.

I tried to call the screen from the loop, so every time it was theoretically executed my screen would appear, but that doesn't happen, or only the screen or just my label appears.

I also tried to call the screen out of the loop, it doesn't work either.

oldhiccup

Re: how to call a screen on all label and screen

#2 Post by oldhiccup »

I changed some things that worked for me, basically after using the show, no main items, I started to appear on the other labels, but to be honest I don't know exactly how it worked, because on my other label I call a new screen with image map.
I don't know how long this will work, but let's see rs
If anyone knows a way to do this more elegantly, I would appreciate it.