Blur shader is anarchist and don't collaborate

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
gas
Miko-Class Veteran

Blur shader is anarchist and don't collaborate

#1 Post by gas »

Ok, my attempt was to replicate an AERO interface, using the blur shader to create the glass effect.
The thing is made by blurring an area and then draw on an upper layer the semi-transparent window.

This.
damned_shaders.jpg
damned_shaders.jpg (6.28 KiB) Viewed 555 times
The blur effect is quite requited to make the text readable on top of the "glass", as for GLASSMORPHISM paradigma.
And yes, if something move behind the window, it should blur dynamically (figure out a change in scene or a character moving left right behind that glass...).

My attempts so far leaded to... nothing.
The first logic was to append a new layer properly scaled and apply a blur shader to it (the blur shader shipped within renpy, to be precise). Nothing happened.
In the second attempt I've tried to apply the effect to a "fake" png image made of 100% transparent pixels, scaled accordingly. Nothing (or probably the blur is applied to those pixel ALONE, not the entire area below of it).

I'm a bit confused right now on the actual implementation.
Can someone tell/verify/validate my concepts?
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN