[Solved] Replay Help with alternating love interest

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
danacraig78
Deviantart: danac78
itch: DarkenVisuals

[Solved] Replay Help with alternating love interest

#1 Post by danacraig78 »

I am working on a game where the love interest has a similar story but a different appearance. In this case, Bria and Brye depending on who the player wants to pursue. The way I have written scenes, there are tags to switch between female, male, and neutral pronouns. Also, have a boolean called interest.isBria, which can set to true or false. In-game, it works.

I have read the documentation and tried implementing the scope.

Code: Select all

action Replay("chpt1_FaeHotScene", scope={'interest.isBria': "False", 'interest.HerHis': "His", 'SFWFaeLock': False, 'interest.himher':"her", 'ContentPlay': 0}) 
However, if I set this to True or False, Bria rather than Brye will be the one who shows up in Replay. I am pretty sure it is something I am not getting about the Replay function. :)

I forgot to add that I use ConditionSwitch for the images/movies. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had created stores (interest, relationship, etc.) for gameplay, but the default store that Replay looks at does not know this based on the documentation. So, I created a label where the Replay will go first to map the scope to the text tags variables, etc., and then go to the scene in question.

Hopefully, this is a good way to do it, but I do welcome any suggestions. :)