Lint warning when using Cycle block

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

Lint warning when using Cycle block

#1 Post by qirien »

I'm using cycle blocks to choose between several options, but Lint is giving me this warning:

Code: Select all

Didn't properly report what the next statement should be.
I couldn't find any documentation on cycle blocks other than the patreon post here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/three-creator-27255150

As far as I can tell I'm doing everything right; the code seems to work just fine; lint just reports some kind of issue (maybe cycle doesn't work with lint?)

Here's my code:

Code: Select all

cycle work_hire:
                block:
                    "A few of the miners' kids were willing to help out on the farm -- but for a steep price. They didn't know much about farming, but they learned quickly!"
                    $ lorant_points += 1
                    $ modify_credits(-200)
                block:
                    "[kid_name] asked around, and some of her friends came and helped out. They didn't do the best job, but they didn't want much pay, either."
                    $ modify_credits(-100)
                block:
                    "Sara and Oleg answered my job offer -- it sounded like Sara and Ilian were going through a rough patch and she wanted to be financially independent."
                    $ oleg_points += 1
                    $ modify_credits(-150)
                block:
                    "I looked and looked but no one had the time to help me for any price that I could afford."
                    "So my crop yield was not what it could have been."
                    $ modify_credits(farm.income_loss(85))
Finished games: