Limiting text box height & adding a scroll bar

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ImRikun

Limiting text box height & adding a scroll bar

#1 Post by ImRikun »

I'm currently experimenting with reworking the UI for my project, I wanted to adjust the standard text box so it would be able to hold more text at once, so far I've been able to reposition the text box so it fits where I want it, but I cant seem to find how to limit it so it doesn't spill out under.

I also can't seem to find out how to add a scrollbar on the side for when the text goes over. All the info and posts I was able to find were years old and didn't seem to work with modern versions of Renpy. The reason I want to add a scroll bar is that I want the player to be able to choose their own font and font size, depending on whats easiest for them to see, so depending on their configuration the text might not all fit at once.

I've included a screenshot of how the project is so far, the purple numbers are the text box, I'm just using them to check its the correct size! Thank you! :)

https://i.imgur.com/fzuNu9m.png