How to change the time the Notify() screen takes to dissolve? [Solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
kafkaontheshore

How to change the time the Notify() screen takes to dissolve? [Solved]

#1 Post by kafkaontheshore »

Hello there,

I want to a create clickable image, which also shows a notify if one hovers over it. This worked but after removing the cursor the notify stays for two seconds. I want it to dissolve after one or half a second. How can I change that?

It is my first question. I hope it is as it should be!
Thank you for your time :)

- kafkaontheshore
Last edited by kafkaontheshore on Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: How to change the time Notify() takes to dissolve?

#2 Post by Ocelot »

If you are talking about screen that appears after using renpy.notify or Notify screen action. you need to navigate into screens.rpy file, find screen notify and change line timer 3.25 action Hide('notify') to whatever time you want.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >

kafkaontheshore

Re: How to change the time Notify() takes to dissolve?

#3 Post by kafkaontheshore »

Ocelot wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:42 am If you are talking about screen that appears after using renpy.notify or Notify screen action. you need to navigate into screens.rpy file, find screen notify and change line timer 3.25 action Hide('notify') to whatever time you want.
Thank you Ocelot for your help!
That was what I meant :)