Any way to add label to already seen labels?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Victorius
Regular
Projects: Astral Lust
Github: Victorius-Astral

Any way to add label to already seen labels?

#1 Post by Victorius »

Hey!

Some players corrupted their persistent playing with some cheat mod, and after deleting it, their seen labels were reset. The thing is I've got a replay gallery, and it unlocks with them. Is there any way for me to add manually the label to list of seen labels?

I have a variable keeping progress, and based on it I can select which labels to add, but I don't know how to add to seen labels.
I can do workaround, with setting some special variable and jumping to all labels only to return right away if variable is True, but I would rather add to the list directly.

Btw, my gallery is not hard coded, and my game support mods, so using progress variables would require me to use eval, which I don't want to if possible. I would also want the gallery to be compatible between playthroughs, so renpy.seen_label() is the best way