32bit False Positives

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Victorius
Regular
Projects: Astral Lust
Github: Victorius-Astral

32bit False Positives

#1 Post by Victorius »

Hey!

I think I've read somewhere renpy now should not have false positives, that someone supplied some code to fix it, but I got 3 detections on virustotal. Malwarebytes, SecureAge APEX, Sophos. 64bit has no problems. Detections happen only when using custom game icon. I use latest stable release 7.4.4.1439. Without icon it's only SecureAge APEX.

Solution is to delete icon, or disable 32bit version, but well, with icon game gives better first impression, and shows it's not some generic game done in a week, as for 32bit. That's hard to say how many players still use 32bit, not a lot I imagine, but I don't have any statistics to check.

Link to this detection: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/fc9 ... /detection