Any way to keep just one word of text stay visible in white when the rest of the screen fades to black?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
skinnyfitgenes

Any way to keep just one word of text stay visible in white when the rest of the screen fades to black?

#1 Post by skinnyfitgenes »

Hopefully I can explain this well enough that you can visualise what I mean!

So at the end of the scene, I have the last bit of text on screen, and I can make everything fade to black... what I’d like to do is have one word of the text, written in white, stay visible on the screen for a few seconds (or until the user clicks), when everything else turns to black. So essentially you’re left with just that one word on a black background.

Is there any way to make this happen? Thank you in advance for any help!

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: Any way to keep just one word of text stay visible in white when the rest of the screen fades to black?

#2 Post by Ocelot »

Obvious solution would be to display separate Text displayable with the words you want on some layer and apply Fade transition to all other layers.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >