How to use latest version of Atom with Ren'py and set Ren'py to use it as the editor?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
henvu50
Veteran

How to use latest version of Atom with Ren'py and set Ren'py to use it as the editor?

#1 Post by henvu50 »

How to make Ren'py use the latest installed version of Atom?

I have Ren'py version: 7.4.5.1648 installed.
The version of Atom that Ren'py downloads is: 1.34.0 ia32
The latest version of Atom is: 1.57.0

I currently have Atom 1.57 installed. How can I get Ren'py to use this latest version of Atom as the editor? edit: I'm still trying to figure this out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How to make the spell check work with Atom:

1. File -> Settings -> Packages ->
2. Find spell-check package in list using filter (type spell-check in the filter)
3. Click spell-check package Settings
4. Append this:

Code: Select all

source.renpy
To the existing list found under Grammars "List of scopes for languages..." You'll see other scopes in that list, like text.plain for example.
5. Restart Atom.

henvu50
Veteran

Re: How to use latest version of Atom with Ren'py and set Ren'py to use it as the editor?

#2 Post by henvu50 »

Anyone have any ideas to make Ren'py work with the latest version of Atom? By work, I mean, currently the Atom that comes with Ren'py; which it downloads, works perfectly with Ren'py. If you click an error line in the debug of your game, it will literally go to that line in Atom. Is there anyway to preserve this relationship, but with the latest version of Atom?