Music stops/cuts out when rolling back [Resolved, bug maybe?]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
lunesc

Music stops/cuts out when rolling back [Resolved, bug maybe?]

#1 Post by lunesc »

Ren'Py versions 7.4.5.1648, 7.4.4

Bug?
For both "renpy.music.play" and "play music" rolling back to a section belonging to tracks started with loop=False or noloop will stop the music. "if_changed=True" doesn't seem to have an effect on this

Resolution:
I think the issue occurs when it is set to not loop, like this: "renpy.music.play(awesome_bg_music, loop=False)", or "play music awesome_bg_music noloop"

Please Help:
I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue, or has any ideas what might cause this. I'm out of ideas, and since I'm not sure when it started, I might have to resort to rolling back my files to various dates to try to narrow it down :(

Issue:
When I hit the 'back' button or scroll up with the mouse to go backward through dialogue, the music stops playing. It will start playing again if I step forward or backward through the dialogue until I get to a line that plays music.

Info:
- It's just on one project, and it didn't always have this problem, but it could have started happening any time in the past two months or so (I haven't spent time testing the music in a while). Also, other projects don't currently have the issue.
- I've spent some time searching for related threads, and the only one I could find had the issue because they were playing the sound channel, rather than the music channel.
- I have tried both "play music" and renpy.music.play(), and the issue is present with both.
- I commit my files regularly, and spent some time going back through my scripts looking for something that might be related, but have not had any luck there.

Thank you!
Last edited by lunesc on Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.

lunesc

Re: Music stops/cuts out when rolling back

#2 Post by lunesc »

. . .