Keyboard not appearing on mobile

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
lindsay-jb
Regular

Keyboard not appearing on mobile

#1 Post by lindsay-jb »

Hey! So I’m having trouble when playing the game in browser on itch.io on the small screen for mobile. When it gets to input text, the keyboard just won’t appear, so you can’t enter anything, and you can’t go on. So it just gets stuck. I attached what it looks like. I’ve searched and googled and haven’t found anything on this topic, and I’ve looked through screens/GUI for what might control it but I’m at a loss. Anyone know what’s going on? I can share coding if necessary but I don’t even know what I would need to share.
Attachments
129197FB-0A2A-4739-93D5-8600A7237B07.jpeg

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Keyboard not appearing on mobile

#2 Post by Alex »

lindsay-jb wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:32 pm ...
You could 'fake' the input screen for mobile devices using custom screen with keyboard. Check this receipt - viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29958#p352941

lindsay-jb
Regular

Re: Keyboard not appearing on mobile

#3 Post by lindsay-jb »

Thanks! I ended up just doing that and it works great.