Load New Game Option?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
fatalblue

Load New Game Option?

#1 Post by fatalblue »

Hi, I'm in the process of working on a small game and curious about how to add a 'new game/start from new' option. The closest topics I've found about this are related to making a new game after completion (new game+ and the like). I would like to give players the option without them having to compete the game first.

I would appreciate any guidance on this topic.

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: Load New Game Option?

#2 Post by Ocelot »

Wait. In the template project a new game option is already included. It is literally how you start the game. You either start new or load game.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >

fatalblue

Re: Load New Game Option?

#3 Post by fatalblue »

Ocelot wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:34 am Wait. In the template project a new game option is already included. It is literally how you start the game. You either start new or load game.
You're right. I've asked the wrong question. What's prompted my making of this thread is the addition of a feature to indicate a choice has already been chosen. Even when I start a new game the choices are still indicated (which makes sense arguably) I just wanted a way to clear those and start fresh. I probably just implemented the code wrong.

Thanks for the reply any way.

Do I need to message a mod to get this thread deleted?