Game doesn't launch if there is similar save folder since 7.4.4

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Victorius
Regular
Projects: Astral Lust
Github: Victorius-Astral

Game doesn't launch if there is similar save folder since 7.4.4

#1 Post by Victorius »

Hey!

As in the topic, my Patron told me he can't run game since I've updated to RenPy 7.4.4, I have two versions of my game, 1080p and 4K (the code is the exact same, besides file selecting resolution mode). Now they use one save folder "AstralLust", previously they had different ones, he had two save folders in C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ "AstralLust" and "1485491_AstralLust", his game didn't give error or generate traceback.txt it just closed at launch, after removing "1485491_AstralLust" it works normally. My save folder in both version is like this:

Code: Select all

define config.save_directory = "AstralLust"
I didn't update to newer renpy version, because I got infinite loop errors on my trade screen, so it might have been fixed, I would be really thankful if anyone would tell if that's fixed, and if it isn't my question to PyTom - can you please fix that? I mean, it worked before 7.4.4 so I guess it's a bug.