[SOLVED] Performance monitoring box shows up for player?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
OddTillTheEnd
Regular
Completed: Broken Minds (2017), Prison of Lies (2019), Methods (2020), Catalyst Wake (2021)
Projects: JPDE2: Adagio of Darkness (Early access), Blankspace (2020), The Elevator Game with Catgirls
Organization: LockedOn Games
Soundcloud: OddTillTheEnd
itch: lockedon

[SOLVED] Performance monitoring box shows up for player?

#1 Post by OddTillTheEnd »

Hello, recently someone messaged me about my game telling me that a box had shown up and wouldn't disappear. It seems to be a way of monitoring performance, with fps tracked in the corner. They probably hit few random keys or something and accidentally activated this. I couldn't find more information about this hidden feature. Does anyone know how to deactivate it?

Thank you!

— Odd.
Last edited by OddTillTheEnd on Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

strayerror
Regular

Re: Performance monitoring box shows up for player?

#2 Post by strayerror »

On PC the F3 key toggles it on and off. :)

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

It may possibly also be Alt+F3 or func+F3 or alt+Func+F3 on some laptops and special keyboards
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

OddTillTheEnd
Regular
Completed: Broken Minds (2017), Prison of Lies (2019), Methods (2020), Catalyst Wake (2021)
Projects: JPDE2: Adagio of Darkness (Early access), Blankspace (2020), The Elevator Game with Catgirls
Organization: LockedOn Games
Soundcloud: OddTillTheEnd
itch: lockedon

#4 Post by OddTillTheEnd »

Thank you so much!

Best,

— Odd.