How to create OUTLINE for frame statement with custom background solid color?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Yuvan raj
Regular

How to create OUTLINE for frame statement with custom background solid color?

#1 Post by Yuvan raj »

Hello guys, I'm using frames in my screen. The default frame is a black box with orange outline. For one frame I want blue box with orange outline.
This is the code I'm using.

Code: Select all

frame:
       xalign 0.5
       ysize 280
       vbox:
       		imagebutton:
And this is the result:

I changed the frame colour and this is the new code:

frame:
       background Solid("#6db6d1")
       xalign 0.5
       ysize 280
       vbox:
       		imagebutton:
And this is the result:

Now I would really like an outline for the new frame just like the old default frame. I can't find any keywords for it. I searched for a properties of frame statement but couldn't find one. It would be really helpful if you could help me with creating an outline for the new frame. Thank you very much in advance!
Last edited by Yuvan raj on Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: How to create OUTLINE for frame statement with custom background solid color?

#2 Post by Alex »

Yuvan raj wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:40 am ...Now I would really like an outline for the new frame just like the old default frame. I can't find any keywords for it. I searched for a properties of frame statement but couldn't find one. ...
You need to draw an image of the frame with black or transparent area in the center. Then use it like

frame:
       background Frame("your_frame_img.png", 3, 3)
(where 3 and 3 are the width of side and top/bottom lines).

https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/displayables.html#Frame