images floating when given a simple transform

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
GlassHorse
Regular

images floating when given a simple transform

#1 Post by GlassHorse »

Code: Select all

#AT CENTER
    transform center:
        xalign .5 ypos .05

#AT left
    transform left:
        xalign .2 ypos .05

#AT RIGHT
    transform right:
        xalign .8 ypos .05
(I know that there can be pre-sets, but going this route) I've tried yalign as well. For some reason, when it gets to the left one that it animates and floats slightly upwards. Very confused on why this is going on. Some of my other transforms are doing this as well when they move slightly up when the y hasn't changed.
thanks again guys

Jackkel Dragon
Veteran
Organization: Nightshade, Team Despair
itch: jackkel-dragon

Re: images floating when given a simple transform

#2 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

We may need to see some of the code for the line where this happens. I've seen situations where the order that transforms are applied can cause weird issues if certain values are changed in certain orders, and that may be happening here. Do you always make sure to use a transform when showing an image, or do some use the default transform?
Main Website
Includes information about and links to many of my current and past projects.

Major Game Projects
[Nightshade] Eldritch Academy, Eldritch University, Blooming Nightshade, Flowering Nightshade, Life as Designed
[Team Despair] Corpse Party D2 series

GlassHorse
Regular

#3 Post by GlassHorse »

Since it wasn't a lot of code I started fresh and everything works normal. Not sure the difference, but just going to roll with it

Jackkel Dragon
Veteran
Organization: Nightshade, Team Despair
itch: jackkel-dragon

#4 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

Weird, but at least the problem is gone. If the problem returns, it may be a good idea to check the code of the default transforms to see what may be missing from your custom ones that could be causing the issue. (Also, sometimes I've had animation bugs that I can't replicate on the same line, which I assume are memory glitches. Maybe that's at play as well.)
Main Website
Includes information about and links to many of my current and past projects.

Major Game Projects
[Nightshade] Eldritch Academy, Eldritch University, Blooming Nightshade, Flowering Nightshade, Life as Designed
[Team Despair] Corpse Party D2 series