[SOLVED] How do I make game understand Russian letters? / I wanna translate game

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Tigersensei

[SOLVED] How do I make game understand Russian letters? / I wanna translate game

#1 Post by Tigersensei »

Complete noob here with zero knowlege about Renpy and gamedev. But I really wanna to create a translation of a game from English to Russian. At first I tried to do it it with Translator++ - It kinda works, but modified game won't launch due to some mistakes. So I tried to change script files manually in a wordpad, and it works! But only in english, cause when I add russian cyrillic symbols ,in the game I'm getting smth like " □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ " . Is there an easy solution for this for a noob like me?

upd. Changing the font that support Russian letters helped.