ATL animation within layeredimage resets

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Dark79
Regular

ATL animation within layeredimage resets

#1 Post by Dark79 »

Hi everyone,

First of all sorry for my English is not my first language.

I have noticed that while using layeredimage the images that have ATL attached will keep resetting the animations each time I show a layeredimage or when changing attribute.

I tried to use https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/atl.html ... -statement this works well but if the layered image has multiple expressions with different animations then they all initiate at the same time for those ATL that have "animation" statement inside. So this is also not perfect.

Is there anyway possible to achieve ATL that doesn't repeat each time the layered image is shown/changing attribute?

In LiveComposite I can achieve this with the variable value even though layered images can also use conditional statement, still the same problem arises.
Last edited by Dark79 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dark79
Regular

Re: ATL animation within layeredimage resets

#2 Post by Dark79 »

[Deleted]