Separate Content patch

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ESM13

Separate Content patch

#1 Post by ESM13 »

I tried to use the method that was shown in this one
viewtopic.php?t=45448

to change some dialogues through out my game but when I use it , it skip all images and others dialogues and show only the next one with the changed dialogue. What am I doing wrong ?

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: Separate Content patch

#2 Post by Ocelot »

Without looking at the code nobody will be able to say what is wrong there. Probably you did something wrong.
One thing to note: your game itself should have support for this kind of patch built before you start working on it.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >

ESM13

#3 Post by ESM13 »

Ocelot wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:20 pm Without looking at the code nobody will be able to say what is wrong there. Probably you did something wrong.
One thing to note: your game itself should have support for this kind of patch built before you start working on it.
code :

if persistent.patch_enabled:
s "This is the Lord."
else:
s "Hello man."

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

#4 Post by Ocelot »

ESM13 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:58 pm to change some dialogues through out my game but when I use it , it skip all images and others dialogues and show only the next one with the changed dialogue. What am I doing wrong ?
ESM13 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:31 pm

Code: Select all

if persistent.patch_enabled:
    s "This is the Lord."
else:
    s "Hello man."
There are no images or other dialogue which can be skipped in provided code. There is no code which sets persistent.patch_enabled. Right now it is perfectly validcode which always displays "Hello man.".

Ideally, you should isolate problem code, so you will have relatibely small piece of code, which you can paste into new project and be able to run it and see problems.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >