How To Do Steam Achievements With Ren'py?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Dollarluigi
Regular
Completed: Winter Dream, School For The Friendless
Tumblr: Rehnchoro
Deviantart: Dollarluigi
Soundcloud: Dollarluigi

Re: How To Do Steam Achievements With Ren'py?

#16 Post by Dollarluigi »

I've been looking at all kinds of guides, but I find going through all of those folders and having to modify scripts to be too tedious. Every time I try using the Steam SDK, I just get stuck and give up on it. At the same time, I've been trying to figure out how uploading builds directly works and I've been going back and forth with Steam Support. Sadly, they haven't really been much help so far.
Suffering a rare condition is one of the worst things you could ever experience because no one understands a thing.

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Reddit deviantArt

Dollarluigi
Regular
Completed: Winter Dream, School For The Friendless
Tumblr: Rehnchoro
Deviantart: Dollarluigi
Soundcloud: Dollarluigi

#17 Post by Dollarluigi »

Okay, I got it up now.
Suffering a rare condition is one of the worst things you could ever experience because no one understands a thing.

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Reddit deviantArt

Triority
Regular
Completed: Welcome To... Chichester 0, 1,2 OVN 1, OVN 2, OVN 3, No Regrets For The Future
Projects: Welcome To... Chichester series
Organization: Triority
Tumblr: Sku-te
itch: triority
Discord: sku_te

#18 Post by Triority »

In which case, the upload ZIP option is probably best for you. The documentation for it certainly isn't great