App shows as 'not compatible' on Googleplay even though phones are compatible

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Qualia

App shows as 'not compatible' on Googleplay even though phones are compatible

#1 Post by Qualia »

Hi team!

Has anyone had a problem similar to mine when trying to upload their game on the Playstore?

It shows as not compatible even to users who have compatible devices (their devices appear in the list of compatible devices provided by Google for the game and its latest version).

Is there something I've done wrong with created my file with Ren'py to update the game? It used to work fine for those users until my most recent update yesterday.

Can anyone give any advice on the matter?

Thank you very much in advance and have a great day!

Qualia

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

Re: App shows as 'not compatible' on Googleplay even though phones are compatible

#2 Post by qirien »

I had this happen, too... I think the most recent Ren'Py Android build system is not compatible with older devices. :-( This is partly to support a bunch of Android things that Google is now requiring, so I think that in the end it's probably Google's fault...
Finished games: