Temporarily change history screen behavior during game

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
CyDementia
Regular

Temporarily change history screen behavior during game

#1 Post by CyDementia »

Good day. Sometimes in a novel I have text that is shown in a middle of a screen. I want this text to appear in history screen in a middle as well, but history screen won't show it in a middle, showing it left-justified (like any other dialogues in history). What I want to do is temporarily change history screen behavior during game, something like writing

Code: Select all

$ _history = False
"text text text"
$ _history = False
in a script file to temporarily stop writing history, but with positioning. Something like that (it won't work, just trying to show what I want to do):

Code: Select all

$ _history.text.xalign = 0.5
"text text text"
$ _history.text.xalign = 0.0
I doubt that there will be such an easy solution to it, so I'll be grateful for any way to solve this. Thank you in advance.