[SOLVED] Issue with width & Height with the Vertical Bar & Thumb

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

[SOLVED] Issue with width & Height with the Vertical Bar & Thumb

#1 Post by alexei »

I need to replace the usual vertical_idle_bar and the vertical_idle_thumb with the one you see here on the screen (aka, the little ghost).

The issue is that the vscrollbar sets the xsize for both the bar and the thumb (see code below).

Code: Select all

style vscrollbar:
    xsize gui.scrollbar_size
    base_bar Frame("gui/scrollbar/vertical_[prefix_]bar.png", gui.vscrollbar_borders, tile=gui.scrollbar_tile)
    thumb Frame("gui/scrollbar/vertical_[prefix_]thumb.png", gui.vscrollbar_borders, tile=gui.scrollbar_tile)
Last edited by alexei on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

Re: Issue with width & Height with the Vertical Bar & Thumb

#2 Post by alexei »

ok, so here's how I solved it with the help of fen from renpy server.

first, i had to remove the frame from the thumb

Code: Select all

style vscrollbar:
    xsize gui.scrollbar_size
    base_bar Frame("gui/scrollbar/vertical_[prefix_]bar.png", gui.vscrollbar_borders, tile=gui.scrollbar_tile)
    thumb "gui/scrollbar/vertical_[prefix_]thumb.png"
Then I made the vertical bar the same width as the thumb by adding transparency. This solved the issue.