Making a Nestled Click-to-Continue Icon Not Effected by Word Wrapping

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Aiyuu
Regular
Completed: Ovine Replica
Projects: Ovine Replica, Ursine Science
itch: amorous-ursidae

Making a Nestled Click-to-Continue Icon Not Effected by Word Wrapping

#1 Post by Aiyuu »

I don't believe I saw the answer I was looking for in some searches I made, so hopefully I'm not repeating anything frequently addressed. The click-to-continue icon for my project appears at the end of each line of text in the "nestled" position, but this also can result in the icon appearing on a new line of text independent of any word, which looks awkward sometimes. In rare instances when the text box is totally filled, the icon overflows and appears just beneath the text box. Is there a way to make the click-to-continue icon never appear on a new line if it's not preceded by at least one word on the same line?

Aiyuu
Regular
Completed: Ovine Replica
Projects: Ovine Replica, Ursine Science
itch: amorous-ursidae

Re: Making a Nestled Click-to-Continue Icon Not Effected by Word Wrapping

#2 Post by Aiyuu »

It turns out the solution is simpler than I could have possibly imagined, and required a slightly different word choice for Google to reveal that I wasn't being shown information I had already seen. The position of a character's click-to-continue icon needs to be set to "nestled-close". I have no idea why that wouldn't be the default option for "nestled" or why one wouldn't choose that option unless, say, one weren't aware it existed, but OK.