What is the Best Way to Create a Danganronpa Fangame using Ren’Py?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ZANDYNE+

What is the Best Way to Create a Danganronpa Fangame using Ren’Py?

#1 Post by ZANDYNE+ »

Okay! The question is in the title, but I’ll go into further detail of what I am trying to accomplish (mechanics, Minigames, etc) and what I think I should do, but need input on.

In short: I want to create a Danganronpa fangame. What is the best way I could do this?

What I am trying to accomplish for Daily Life:

—A Free Time Event system for 15 other students. (Free time events work like this: spoilered because… I felt like I had to.)
—CGs for cutscenes
—Voice Acting for important lines

What I am trying to accomplish for Deadly Life:

—A Non-Stop Debate for trials
—A Truth Bullet and Lie Bullet system (if you’ve played V3, you’ll know how this works. Cant show a direct video because I don’t think anybody wants to go through every non stop debate and click on every Refute, Agree, and Perjury/Lie in V3.)
—A Scrum Debate Minigame for trials (this imo is gonna be one of the harder things to do, but I could very easily be wrong. Scrum debates look like this: spoilered because it spoilers five trials.)
—A Hangman’s Gambit type Minigame for trials (this I think I’ll make into a mini top-down shooter where you shoot at the letters to make the word/words.)
—A Logic Dive type Minigame for trials (My plan for this is to make a mini platformer where when completed, you’ll have the answers for the questions at the end. Similar to how it was done in Danganronpa 2, where after the course was completed, all three answers were there. It’s easier to explain if you watch how it was done in Danganronpa 2: spoilered because it spoilers a case.)
—A rebuttal showdown type Minigame for trials (Rebuttal showdowns work like this but I don’t think a Minigame like this will work in Ren’Py. There may be a way to make a similar Minigame, though.)
—An argument Armament type Minigame for trials ( this is how Argument Armaments work. Spoilered because they are pivotal to the cases. I think I could make a rhythm Minigame using the arrow keys and then for the word you have to spell, use the arrow keys again to complete the Minigame.)

That’s what I want to accomplish. Now, to repeat the question: What’s the best way to go about this, and what should I really need to know? Is there anything I can and can’t do?