MoviePlay plays MusicRoom?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
marcialart

MoviePlay plays MusicRoom?

#1 Post by marcialart »

Hello!, I'm having an issue with Movie(play=...) and the MusicRoom, I searched for this before in the web but didn't found anyone with the same issue, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I've a music room that it is working fine (with pause button, next and previous) so far so good, every button work as intended, but I ran into a problem when having Movie(Play=...) in a script.

If I pause the music in the music room, the game can be played without music, but as soon as the game encounters a block that runs a movie like the next one:

image vid1 = Movie(play="images/movies/myvideo.ogg",loop=True)
hide previous_image
show vid1
with dissolve
pause

The game successfully show the animation/video but the Music Room resume playing the music, I tried assigning different music channels but the same happened. (If I try with movie cutscene that works ok and the music don't play, but cutscene is not what I need, I'm trying to do it as an image/movie)

Also when the movie shows and resume playing the music, I've to click 2 times in the pause button to pause the music, this the only case in which this has happened.

Thanks if anyone can help with this issue :D