[SOLVED] Huematrix not changing colour of displayable

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Thee Forsaken One
Regular
Completed: RE: Alistair++; Backstage Pass; Three Guys That Paint; The Reject Demon Toko - Ch 0; The Menagerie
Projects: Winning Hearts; Astral Hours
Organization: Forsaken Productions
Tumblr: ForsakenProductions
Deviantart: TheeForsakenOne

[SOLVED] Huematrix not changing colour of displayable

#1 Post by Thee Forsaken One »

EDIT: Solved thanks to Fen on the Ren'Py Discord. I was missing config.gl2 = True from my options.rpy.

I'm trying to use a variation of the hair colour slider given in one of the old Ren'Py Patreon articles. I have it set up like this below:

This is declared within script.rpy:

default mcDyeColour = 0.0

This is how I show the mc's hair in a character creation screen:

add "images/sprites/mc/mc_hair_blue_1.png" xalign 0.11 yalign 1.0 matrixcolor HueMatrix(mcDyeColour)

This is the slider that lets you change the value of mcDyeColour.

bar value VariableValue("mcDyeColour", 360) base_bar "mCCSquare" thumb "mCCThumb" bar_resizing False xsize 320 ysize 116

I've verified that the value of mcDyeColour is changing between 0-360 but the hair image is not changing colour whatsoever. I'm at a loss as to what the issue is. Any suggestions?