Is there a script for automatic Image Scaling?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
DrVoom

Is there a script for automatic Image Scaling?

#1 Post by DrVoom »

Ì want to have a kind of modular game, where i can dump Images in a directory which are randomly used in the game.

These Images differ in Size. Is there a script i could use to automatically show them in a predefined height or width? I found zoom and other functions to scale images by a set amount, but i could not find a way to automatically resize everything to let's say 1000px width. I googled it and found some mentions from 2018 like this youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om1gGvjmUBQ) which points to a pay-patreon.

is there a "open source" solution (python code?) for scaling images to a set size? Thanks!

DrVoom

Re: Is there a script for automatic Image Scaling?

#2 Post by DrVoom »

may i bump this? still looking for an answer - thanks!