Having an image display during a {w} break...

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Salicity

Having an image display during a {w} break...

#1 Post by Salicity »

So... main character is kind of introducing the player to his life and story. I've got

Code: Select all

show apartment

"My tiny apartment, {w}{a=show: roommate3.png at left} and my roommate...{/a}"
What I want to have happen is the line of text pauses for the player to click again (that part works), the player clicks and the rest of the text appears (that part works) along with the image of the roommate. It's that last bit with the roommate that screws up. The last bit of text just turns orange, and no image.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I just re-re-reread the section I was getting that {a} from and realized this is turning it into a link, and that's why it's orange, the player would have to click the orange text.... Now that I've realized that, my question just got bigger, cause I feel like I'm even further from understanding how to do this. Any help?

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: Having an image display during a {w} break...

#2 Post by Ocelot »

Code: Select all

show apartment
    # {done} is used, so text won't change its position between clicks.
    # If your text is short enough and this is not an issue, you can drop that tag:
    # "My tiny apartment,"
    "My tiny apartment, {done}and my roommate..."
    show roommate3 at left
    "My tiny apartment, {fast}and my roommate..."
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/text.htm ... -text-tags
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >

Salicity

Re: Having an image display during a {w} break...

#3 Post by Salicity »

I feel like such an idiot. I got hung up looking at the "General Text Tags" since I saw show in there, and never even bothered to check the Dialog Text tags, which had the exact thing I wanted.

Thank you so much!