Android Build: "WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified"

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
phibbean

Android Build: "WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified"

#1 Post by phibbean »

Hey all, I've been running into this problem for the better half of a year now. Any idea what's going on? Renpy directory has no spaces (I've tried E:\Renpy, E:\Downloads\Renpy, etc.), and JDK seems to be working fine.

[Error 2] usually appears when I first try to install the SDK, but I've been able to bypass it by installing the SDK tools through Android Studio. That lets me get to the Build Package part, but then I end up again with the same error, copy-pasted below.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 523, in <module>
  File "game/android.rpy", line 288, in android_build
  File "game/mobilebuild.rpy", line 195, in call
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "launcher/game/android.rpyc", line 523, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/android.rpy", line 523, in <module>
  File "game/android.rpy", line 288, in android_build
  File "E:\Downloads\renpy-7.4.11-sdk\rapt\buildlib/rapt/build.py", line 648, in build
    iface.call([ plat.gradlew, "-p", plat.path("project"), command ], cancel=True)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 325, in __init__
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 575, in _execute_child

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Ren'Py Launcher 7.4.11.2266
(Trying to install the SDK through the launcher gets me this:)

Code: Select all

Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

I'm compiling a short test program, to see if you have a working JDK on your system.

The JDK is present and working. Good!

I'm downloading the Android SDK. This might take a while.

I'm extracting the Android SDK.

I've finished unpacking the Android SDK.

I'm about to download and install the required Android packages. This might take a while.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 325, in __init__
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 575, in _execute_child

I was unable to accept the Android licenses.