Pan-Ya Visual Novel: Transition question

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Arkilum Visual
Projects: Pan-Ya Visual Novel
Organization: Arkilum Visual Novels
Discord: Novum Arkilum

Pan-Ya Visual Novel: Transition question

#1 Post by Arkilum Visual »

Hello, this Transition question, below is a link to a google docs document that has the transition style that I want to use for the VN.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1897 ... sp=sharing
is this possible at all, and has it been used before?
Arkilum

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Pan-Ya Visual Novel: Transition question

#2 Post by Zelan »

Do you mean that you want the "camera" to move from panel to panel in the sequence you've shown?

I think the easiest way to do that would be to have one large image and zoom in on the preferred parts. I'm not sure if anyone has tried to do a manga-style transition before, but the game Serafina's Crown pans back and forth across a large image during the debate scenes.

Arkilum Visual
Projects: Pan-Ya Visual Novel
Organization: Arkilum Visual Novels
Discord: Novum Arkilum

Re: Pan-Ya Visual Novel: Transition question

#3 Post by Arkilum Visual »

Thanks for the reply. that is exactly what I meant in regards to the "camera" pan. hmm, I will have to look into my options, not sure if I can even do that with Ren-py (I do not have much experience).
Arkilum