timer action SetVariable expected statement

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Misamor98
Regular

timer action SetVariable expected statement

#1 Post by Misamor98 »

Hi,

My renpy script returns an error and I don't understand why. I have used the "SetVariable" function many times in the past without issues, and to my knowledge the timer accepts the SetVarible action. I'm joining some screenshots.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (5.75 KiB) Viewed 272 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (1.8 KiB) Viewed 272 times

zmook
Veteran

Re: timer action SetVariable expected statement

#2 Post by zmook »

"Expected statement" might mean your syntax on a previous line has an error, so renpy thinks this is supposed to be a continuation of a previous block. Could you post the code for your whole screen?
colin r
➔ if you're an artist and need a bit of help coding your game, feel free to send me a PM

Misamor98
Regular

#3 Post by Misamor98 »

Here is the whole label.
Attachments
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (10.78 KiB) Viewed 262 times

m_from_space
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by m_from_space »

You are using a timer object / keyword inside a label. Timers are used inside screens only.