Business System?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Swein

Business System?

#1 Post by Swein »

I want to make a business system for my game. For example, the player will be able to buy 3-5 types of shops (barber-market etc.) and if player has a shop-market etc., I want +50 to +150 random gold to be added at the end of each label. I have a gold variable in the game, but I could not set up the algorithm of the system in my head. Can you help me if you have a free time? Thank you!

m_from_space
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Business System?

#2 Post by m_from_space »

If it is hard to create a concept in your mind, try bringing it to paper as a picture first. Using arrows and text and stuff. This should help you develop what you want. Nobody here knows what you exactly want or will just write down the system for you. Give us information on details you need help with and also post examples of the code you already produced for it so far! People will gladly help then.