Issue with VP9 Webm animations Renpy 8.0.1

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
lsf22
Regular

Issue with VP9 Webm animations Renpy 8.0.1

#1 Post by lsf22 »

Renpy 8.0.1.22070801 (linux)

I have 2 animations that are about 1 second in length. One is encoded with VP8 and the other with VP9. The VP8 version plays well but the VP9 version has low frame rates. They both are of the same animation content, but why is this happening for the VP9 version? Isn't the VP9 version also supposed to be of better quality than the one encoded with VP8?

Is this a bug with renpy? Because the VP9 animation works well with VLC player on my PC running Linux.
The same animation I used I opened it up with VLC player and it ran fine

This also raises another question for me when it comes to best supported formats when using Ren'py which I will need to create a topic for, so I can avoid issues like this.

image setting in script:
Movie(play="videos/battle_animation/ba1_vp9.webm", delay=None, loops=-1)
Movie(play="videos/battle_animation/ba1_vp8.webm", delay=None, loops=-1)
Attachments
MediaInfo grabbed from encoded animation 1 with VP9
MediaInfo grabbed from encoded animation 1 with VP9
MediaInfo grabbed from encoded animation 1 with VP8
MediaInfo grabbed from encoded animation 1 with VP8