Text speed, flow and inputs messing up when adjusting y position of nvl_thought text

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
hiera
Projects: Kill The Night
itch: hiera
Discord: hier.a

Text speed, flow and inputs messing up when adjusting y position of nvl_thought text

#1 Post by hiera »

hello, first-timer here and new to renpy.

as i mentioned in the subject line, when i adjust the gui.nvl_thought_ypos to make dialogue start a little lower than default;

>the text speed becomes unadjustable through the in game preferences; as in i usually keep it slower but whatever i do here the text appears instantly.
>if i increase the y position to around 200, a part of the next line of text appears. however, this doesn't happen when increased to 100, just the former issue.
>the input i give by clicking gets lost and i have to click twice or so to make the next line of text appear, it's not my PC bc it doesn't happen when i don't adjust
ypos. this is common in both cases.

If it helps, these are the settings i'd like it to have without those issues, i only changed ypos.

Code: Select all

## The position, width, and alignment of nvl_thought text (the text said by the
## nvl_narrator character.)
define gui.nvl_thought_xpos = 360
define gui.nvl_thought_ypos = 200
define gui.nvl_thought_width = 1170
define gui.nvl_thought_xalign = 0.0