Error messages are too small

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Team1Player2

Error messages are too small

#1 Post by Team1Player2 »

Hello,

I am sort of dimwitted so there's a lot wrong with my code. I've returned to experimenting with Ren'Py after a few months with Unity but this time around, seemingly at random, when Ren'Py fails to load when parsing the script it sometimes displays the error messages in like 4 or less sized letters.

I have two monitors - monitor 1 is a drawing tablet with 2560x1440 resolution and 225 % size/scale, and monitor 2 is normal PC monitor with 1920x1200 resolution and 175 % size/scale.

This happens across multiple projects so it shouldn't be an issue with a particular game. It also happens on both monitors regardless of which combination is currently used (1, 2, 1 and 2). There is nothing wrong with the error messages themselves and everything else engine-wise runs smoothly. This is the only time it happens.

I need to maintain both the order of monitors (the yandere drawing software starts acting up if the tablet isn't number 1) and scale changes (poor eyesight.)

Any advice is appreciated. Anyone else encountered something similar?

This is the last error message. Nothing wrong here it's just too small when displayed.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/01_01_loop_manager.rpy", line 154: end of line expected.
    elif maids_called["Vivien"] > 0 and not "Vivien" in lovers:: 
                                                               ^

File "game/01_01_loop_manager.rpy", line 157: end of line expected.
    elif "Vivien" in lovers: 
                  ^

File "game/05_04_sange_events.rpy", line 116: expected ':' not found.
    label XXX_place_time_remark 
                                ^

File "game/05_04_sange_events.rpy", line 422: Line is followed by a block, despite not being a menu choice. Did you forget a colon at the end of the line?
    "Events"
            ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.3.22083102
Fri Sep 16 17:08:10 2022